Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Back in time with Jeanne De Clisson (blog post 7)

"Have a good night", my professor said as she smiled and all of my peers packing to head on home after a long day.
 I say good bye to my friends and head on out to my car. As I am making my way towards my car I felt myself kick, what I thought to be a rock, but when I look down I see a sliver almost black stopwatch.
 I picked it up and stared in awe on how beautiful it looked and surprised as it did not have much starches on it. It had roman numbers around and in the center I can see its golden gears. 
I look up to see if anyone was nearby because I thought they must have dropped it ,but I saw no one. I smiled to myself and started thinking about what I learned in class today which was about the lady pirates: Jeanne De Clisson, Anne Bonny,  Mary Read, etc. 
As soon as I arrived to my car, I got in and started thinking about Jeanne De Clisson's life a little bit more while messing with the stop watch to set it at the time. As I clicked the little button on top to set the time a blue blinding flash appears from the center of the watch.
I closed my eyes shut until I hear kids laughing around and open my eyes. I notice I am not in my car anymore , instead I am in a beautiful house. As much as I wanted to explore the place I hear a glass break and quickly run to where it came from since there were kids nearby.
When I reached the room, I see Jeanne De Clisson reading a letter. I obviously started freaking out because I just learned about her in my class like an hour ago ,but I wasn't going to let that show. She quickly noticed my presence and looked up towards me.
We stared at each other for a couple of seconds but it felt like minutes, she quickly asked me god knows how many questions. I tried my best to answer all of them and asked if I could borrow some clothes since walking around in the 1500's with jeans and adidas wasn't the style yet for young girls. I quickly changed into a pastel pink dress and asked what the letter said.
As soon as I said that, the mood changed from surprised to serious. The letter informed her that her husband, Oliver De Clisson, was dead...That the King of France had ordered to behead Oliver De Clisson. She did not cry instead she said that she will avenge her husband since she really did love him. She quickly got up and started to give up her property for money and made a small army in which will be known as the black fleet. Jeanne decided to pay a visit to one of Charles De Blois loyal supporters castle, Galios de la Heuse. Boy oh boy was there blood all over Jeanne .... and I thanked God that I wasn't there when it all happen. I knew what was going to happen next so before I went back to my time I looked over to a random person and said " She will be known as the Lioness of Brittany" and ran to a location where no one could see me. I quickly thought about me sitting on my car and the blinding flash came back and next thing I knew I was sitting in my car with the dress I was given. I look down at the watch and thought what other time period would be fun to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pirates Who Misbehave

Today criminals  are punished by serving time  in jail, probation, paying off fines , etc......or maybe even death penalty.  Here in the...